Monday 30 April 2018

The Belles

***
3/5



Thanks to Netgalley and Orion Publishing Group for giving me this book to review.

I enjoyed The Belles as it has a good concept with the magic and world. It was described really well, especially the ambiance of how opulent and shallow the world is while telling you that not all is as it seems. While I liked the world, it would have been nice to see what it was like for those who are unable to afford the Belles treatment. However, the book seemed to go on a long time with not much happening and the book could be cut much shorter without anything important missing.

Camilla is ambitious and a perfectionist, but I didn’t connect with her much even though she is a good person. While I liked the other Belles, apart from Edel, they all seemed two-faced and more frenemies to each other and not sisters. I wanted more from the villain as they seemed evil just for evil sake and I wanted more depth.

While this book is not perfect I am interested to see what happens next in this story. I would recommend The Belles to fans of unique YA fantasy.

No comments:

Post a Comment