Thursday 29 March 2018

To Kill a Kingdom

****
4/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Bonnier Zaffre for giving me this book to review

To Kill a Kingdom is a really enjoyable dark fantasy book which is kind of a retelling of little mermaid. If you love action, morally grey characters, witty banter and a complex and slow burn romance then this is the book for you. It had really good world building and an imaginative world on which I would like to explore.

Lira is a badass character who can come across as emotionless and cold-hearted, but this is because of the Siren culture and her mother’s emotional abuse. Elian is an adventurous spirit, who is sassy and scheming, and while he is not that innocent, he does have a strong moral compass.


I really enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to seeing what Christo does next. I would recommend To Kill a Kingdom to fans of the Shades of Magic series and the Grishaverse series.

No comments:

Post a Comment