Saturday 31 March 2018

Children of Blood and Bone

****
4/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Pan Macmillan for giving me this book to review

Children of Blood and Bone is a very good fantasy book which lives up to the hype. It is dark with adventure, magic, and romance, with just enough world building that I want to discover more. The characters are so complex, and the writing was fantastic and well-paced.

Zelie is a strong character, who follows her heart and fights against injustice, but is also afraid and is her own worst enemy as she feels she can do nothing right. When we first see Amara she is an emotionally abused princess who has no self-esteem and is pushed around, but her inner strength starts to grow. I’m not sure how I feel about Inan but he is indecisive, loyal and intense. Tzain as a character was a bit hit or miss for me but I hope in future books we get to see his POV because I feel like we would understand him more.


I really enjoed this book and with that cliffhanger I cannot wait to read the next book in the Legacy of Orisha series. I would recommend Children of Blood and Bone to fans of the Black Mage series and the Sin Eaters Daughter series.

No comments:

Post a Comment