Tuesday 5 September 2017

Redux

****
4/5



Redux is a really great second book in the Tricksters series with lots of twists. It was fast paced, with good world building. This book was more intense than the last as it is set in the real world and when the characters die, they actually die, but I did miss the fantasy element of the Nexis. While I am not a fan of love triangles or squares, I found this one interesting as it did not go on too long and it had the extra element of who was in the Nexis with Ella.

Ella is intelligent but also wracked with guilt, and she is willing to do anything to fix her mistakes. I wish we got to see more of Gus but he is loyal, resourceful, conflicted and daring. We got to learn more about Quentin, how persuasive he is and how much responsibility was on his shoulders, which made me like his character as he was so interesting. I enjoyed how we got to know new characters as well as established ones becoming more developed.


Like the last book I was a bit confused at the ending but I also enjoyed it as all of the main questions were answered but it was also left open enough for another book, which I would enjoy as I liked reading about this world. I would recommend Redux to fans of the first book Nexis.

No comments:

Post a Comment