Wednesday 19 July 2017

Child of the Empire

***
3/5


Thanks to Michaelbrent Collings for giving me this book to review.

Child of the Empire is a very enjoyable fantasy novel which has a slight steampunk feel to it. Even though the main protagonist is a teenager this book can easily be read by adults as it is not full of angst. This book has lots of twists but the first half of the book has more world building and the second half is more action packed.

Sword wants to feel like she belongs, but she is also naïve and trusting. There are a lot of other character in this book including kind Garden, protective Armour, surly Arrow, enigmatic Wind and Cloud, and secretive Devar. The bad guys were a bit too evil for me, as I prefer when I can understand their motives rather than them being evil for evils sake.


The ending was a bit rushed but I am looking forward to reading the next book Child of Sorrows. I would recommend Child of the Empire to fans of Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo and Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson.

No comments:

Post a Comment