Sunday 19 March 2017

The Alchemists of Loom

**
2 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Keymaster Press for giving me this book to review.

The Alchemists of Loom is a steampunk fantasy novel which had the potential to be an interesting and original story but I couldn’t get into it. The book did not explain things very well and was slow paced.

The thing I did not like most about this book is that I did not care about the characters and was not emotionally in what was happening to them. Ari is tough and unlike most main heroines she knows who she is and what she is capable of. Cvareh is mysterious, prideful and loyal. Florence is the nicest of the characters as she is smart and optimistic.


I wanted to like The Alchemists of Loom as I have heard a lot of positive things about Kova’s other series, Air Awakens. However, I could not get on with this book and DNF at 47%.

No comments:

Post a Comment