Wednesday 28 September 2016

Followed by Frost

***
3 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgally and 47North for giving me this book to review.

Followed by Frost is an enjoyable fantasy romance book. It is fast paced and well written but it is forgettable.

I really did not like Smitha at the start of the book as she is self-centred and looks down on everyone, but I get the feeling we are not meant to like her. However, as the story continues you discover how lonely, brave and mature she has become but I also wished she had kept some of her backbone. I felt Death/Sadriel was a wasted character as I wish we got to know him better as he is more complex. I guessed who the love interest was as soon as we met him, but it was a slow building romance and thankfully no insta-love or love triangles.


I enjoyed this book and I hope to read Holmberg’s other series The Paper Magician. I would recommend Followed by Frost to fans of fantasy romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment