Wednesday 18 May 2016

The Black Knife

****
4 Stars/5


Prince Tobiah has been beaten and broken, he has lost two people he cares about and on top of that his enemy Hensley knows his real identity. Tobiah has to stop Hensley trading the drugs to the Nightmare gang before it is too late and Skyvale will be overrun with firefly.


The Black Knife is the final prequel novella to The Orphan Queen and it is fast paced and full of action. I am glad I waited until all of the novellas were out before starting to read them as it worked well reading them as if they were one book. I really liked how we got to know how Tobiah became the person we know in the Orphan Queen and how he fights for what is right and to protect his people. I also liked the relationship between him and James and they are brilliant best friends and I hope we get to see more of them together in the next book. I am really looking forward to reading The Mirror King and seeing what happens next after that cliff-hanger ending. I would recommend The Black Knife to fans of The Orphan Queen.

No comments:

Post a Comment