Friday 9 October 2015

Foretold

***
3 Stars/5


Elora Walker is a vanguard recruit, someone who protects people from Dark Seekers, and wants to be a best and make her mother proud. When Elora is accepted into Nikolia Compound she thought she would be just like everyone else and be free of her mother’s pressure. Especially as she has a group of friends inclucing, her childhood friend Aaron, and Teya, Matthew and Zak. However, there is a big secret in her past which links her to a faceless stranger, and the Vanguards are in danger.

Foretold is an enjoyable paranormal novel, with action and romance. This book is about the battle between good and evil but I did find it a bit slow. I felt that the world of Vanguards, especially who the Ignari were, was not clearly explained.

Elora is a likeable and strong heroine who is relatable in some aspects as everyone has felt the pressure to live up to someone’s expectations, but I did find she was just too good everything she tries. I liked Teya and her back story, and I feel it may play a more important part in later books. However, I feel that we did not get to know Matthew as well as Elora’s other friends, as all I really know about him was his powers not his personality. Romance wise I preferred Aaron more than Zak as I felt they had more chemistry and I felt he always wanted what was best for her.


I guessed what was going to happen at the end but it was still enjoyable and I look forward to reading the next book Reflected. I would recommend Foretold to fans of Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.

No comments:

Post a Comment