Sunday 3 May 2015

From the Ashes

****
4 Stars/5


Thanks to Shelby Morrison for giving me this book to review.

18 year old Aia has lived practically all her life as a high born in the Kingdom of Tharien, but she has a secret, she is a Bender, a person with powers, who are feared and hunted by Breakers. When her powers accidently break free, she has to run from everything she has worked towards and hide for her life. She is being hunted by a young ambitious Breaker, Cole, but he has secrets of his own. When Aia meets another Bender who is determined to destroy Tharien, she finds she has the fate of her Kingdom in her hands.

From the Ashes is a really good older YA fantasy novel. It is fast paced and has lots of twists and turns. This book is action-packed, well written with a bit of violence, but not too much.

Aia is a nice character who was caring and willing to sacrifice herself for what is right, however, while it was said in the book that she loves her parents, I felt she did not act like most people would at her parent’s fate. I preferred the character of Cole as he was protective and has a lot of hidden depth to him. I was expecting more romance in this book but I am glad there wasn’t because it would have come across as unrealistic and rushed, but I there is potential for some in the next book and I hope it does.


I really enjoyed this book and I am looking forward to reading the next book. I would recommend From the Ashes to fans of Witch Song by Amber Argyle and The Shadow Soul by Kaitlyn Davis.

No comments:

Post a Comment