Sunday 4 January 2015

Under My Skin

***
3 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and CrushStar Multimedia LLC for giving me this book to review.

Tate was happy in her small town, with dreams of her own, but all 16 year olds must take the test to see if they are suitable to be a Water Bearer, a servant for a Guild member. Unfortunately Tate is accepted to be a Water Bearer and her life is thrust into the Guild world, but it hides a horrible secret. She is the new body of General Dagon, a man who is centuries old, and is fighting to control her mind, body and soul. Tate’s only hope to be free of Dagon is Quinn, a bodyguard for Dagon, who desires to kill the man inside of Tate’s mind. While Tate and Quinn grow closer, she is struggling to stay in control and fears that Dagon will destroy her and take over her body.

Under My Skin is an enjoyable YA dystopia which is a bit disturbing and dark. It has action and romance but it really lacks world building and I never felt any real tension or danger.

I really like Tate as she was a normal girl who acts like everyone else and has no special talent but is just unlucky. I liked Quinn but he was very similar to a lot of YA heroes as he has a purpose and a tragic past. General Dagon is a really interesting bad guy as he is really evil and he could not be fought in the conventional way.


This is an interesting book and I hope there is another book in this series. I would recommend Under My Skin to fans of The City Center by Simone Pond and Pawn by Aimee Carter.

No comments:

Post a Comment