Sunday 14 September 2014

Curse Breaker

*
1 Star/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Curiosity Quills Press for giving me this book to review.

Wendy has lived a Privileged life in Jupiter city until her mother is murdered and she is framed for it. Wendy is sent away to Greenleaf asylum and after years of terror and pain she is rescued by a mysterious guild, which shows her a world of magic users called Validus, and half-breeds. However, Wendy is a special and powerful Validus, the curse breaker, but this means all the other guilds either want her for themselves or want her dead.

I did not like Curse Breaker as I really could not connect to the story, it had a slow pace and lacks world building. It seemed to be a steampunk book, but when I started to read it, I realised it is a sci-fi novel.

I could not connect to Wendy as I just did not care about what happened to her, even when her mother was murdered and everything that happened to her at Greenleaf asylum. The rest of the characters were not as bad as Wendy but all of them felt a bit flat.


Curse Breaker had an interesting premise but I could not finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment