Saturday 23 August 2014

Fractured Dream

**
2 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Booktrope for giving me this book to review.

It has been 8 years since Story has last had her dreams but now they are back, Lake Sandeen, where here Uncle apparently drowned years ago, may hold the answers to her dreams and memories. When Story along with her two best Elliot and Adam hike to the lake, they go under and don’t resurface. The world under the lake is unlike anything they could have imagined, with fairytale creatures, and gods both good and bad. The fate of two worlds is resting on Story, but is she able to stop there obliteration?

Fractured Dream has an interesting concept but I just could not get into it maybe because it started out slow. This book is unique but I got really confused by it although it did get a bit better when they are in Tressla.

I could not click with Story as she is like so many other fantasy leads in that she thinks she is normal but discovers that she is special and has a destiny. I liked Adam and Elliot as they are both very different but still look out for Story, but they did come across as stereotypes.


I could not finish this book as I could not get into it, but I seem to be into the minority. 

No comments:

Post a Comment