Sunday 22 June 2014

For Better or For Worse

**
2 Stars/5


Thanks to Ingrid Nickelsen for giving me this book to review.

Evangeline has lived a long and happy life as a loving mother, wife and grandparent, until one day when she dies in a car accident. Evangeline wakes up in a new world, with the body of a young woman but cannot remember anything about her new life. To help guide Eve though this society of the dead she has 5 godparents who she can turn to, however, on her first night she meets a mysterious stranger called Will who claims he can help her get her memories back. Is Evangeline prepared to reveal her past, especially as not all is as it seems in her new home?

While For Better or For Worse had potential, I found it only ok as the plot was confusing and some things were not explained, such as why Eve had a younger body. However, while the story was slow paced at the beginning it did pick up about halfway through the book.

I just could not connect to Eve as I did not really understand why she did some things, like not opening her letters or following a stranger in the middle of the night. I found that Will was too mysterious as he did not tell Eve anything about himself, whilst expecting her to tell him everything. However, I felt very sorry for Josh in this book, I cannot explain why because of spoilers, but I felt bad for him at the end of the book.


While I found For Better or For Worse ok, I seem to be one of the minority, because most reviewers seem to really like it, so I recommend you read the synopsis and other reviews first before you decide if you want to read this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment