Tuesday 6 May 2014

Life Lived Twice

***
3 Stars/5


Thanks to Sherrie Wouters for giving me this book to review.

When Tess meets a mysterious man in the airport bookstore, the moment lingers with her and she cannot forget him even though she does not even known his name. She also wants to get her independence in her last year of university, so she moves out of her parents and in with a guy called Dane who she becomes really good friends with. At the same time she keeps on having dreams about her being a girl called Laylah from the turn of the 20th century and her relationship with a man called Addison Taylor. As her dreams and the present start to blur will she be able to believe the truth.

Life Lived Twice is an enjoyable light romantic book which has a good story, however, I did find it a bit predictable. The characters are all well written and three dimensional.

I really connected to Tess as we are similar to each other, we are both shy, are awkward around guys and feel guilty about things we shouldn’t. I also liked Logan as he was sweet and kind but I felt we did not get to know him very well. While I really liked Dane I wish he had stayed as a friend to Tess, instead of it becoming a love triangle.


The ending was really bittersweet and I hope Sherrie Wouters writes another book in this series. I would recommend Life Lived Twice to fans of Grasping at Eternity by Karen Amanda Hooper or Evermore by Alyson Noel.

No comments:

Post a Comment