Friday 28 February 2014

Knight Assassin

***
3 Stars/5


Thanks to Netgalley and Entangled Publishing for giving me this book to review.

17 year old Zayn and her mother have never fitted in their town, especially as Zayn has supernatural powers which are unpredictable. After some Templar knights burn her mother at the stake for witch craft and Zayn is raped by local knight Guy de Molay, she is about to kill herself until a mysterious figure offers her another option, to become the first female assassin and be able to seek her revenge. After she completes her training, she is sent to Jerusalem to assassinate Guy, but there she meets childhood friend Earic Goodwin, who is also a knight. Will she be able to get her vengeance at the cost of the person who holds her heart?

Knight Assassin is a good YA historical fantasy book, full of political intrigue vengeance and romance. It is a unique setting as most historical fantasy books I have read are set in Europe not the Middle East. I found it hard to get into this book but when I got about halfway though I was really interested to see what happened next.

I just could not connect with Zayn as, although I felt very sorry for her and she was described as being a very strong person, at some points she can across as really weak, even in situations that she should have been strong. I also found it hard to connect to Earic, even though he seemed nice, he was not in this book much and they seemed to close to each other, considering they had not seen each other in years.


I would recommend Knight Assassin to fans of Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers. 

No comments:

Post a Comment