Saturday 2 February 2013

Shadowhunters and Downworlders

**
2 Stars/5



Thanks to Netgalley and SmartPop/BenBella books for giving me this book to review.

Shadowhunters and Downworlders is a book of essays from well-known authors about Cassandra Clare’s Mortal Instruments and Infernal Devices books.

When I requested this book I did not know it was a book of essays, I thought it was either an in-depth look at Shadowhunters and Downworlders by Clare similar to the Dark-Hunter companion by Sherrilyn Kenyon or a book of short stories by famous authors set in the same world. This is probably why I just could not get into this book at all.

However, a few bits I did enjoy especially the introduction by Clare. The two essays I enjoyed the most was Simon Lewis: Jewish, Vampire, Hero and Why the best friend never gets the girl.

This is really not my type of book but I would definitely recommend Cassandra Clare other books to people who like Young Adult Paranormal novels.

No comments:

Post a Comment