Friday 2 November 2012

Magick


***
3 Stars / 5

Thanks to Netgalley and BelleBooks Inc. for giving me this book to review.

Magick starts off with Jax being held captive by the Bane for killing a hunter and unleashing her dark magic. Now with her powers bound by the Bane she must gain their trust and learn to become a White Witch before the Dark Covens find her.

When I started reading this book I did not realise that it was the third book in the trilogy, so I was a bit confused at the start. However Magick is very easy to get into and while I did not understand everything I was able to connect with most of the storyline.

Jax is a likeable character, if not original, who you root for throughout the book and hope she wins her battles. She is very low in confidence in the beginning of Magick but it grows as the book carries on.

The other characters in this book are very well written and add depth as they are all three dimensional and believable. However, the pacing and the story was too fast and would have been better with a bit slower pacing or able 100 more pages.

This is a good book and I wish I had read the series from the beginning. I would recommend Magick to people who like Sophie Jordan's Firelight series

No comments:

Post a Comment