Thursday 15 November 2012

Dearly Departed

****
4 Stars/5



Nora Dearly is not an ordinary New Victorian young lady, she like watch the fighting between New Victoria and the Punks. However when she is kidnapped from her home she finds out that her father and the government had been keeping the secret about the existence of Zombies.

This is Lia Habel debut novel about romance, action, steampunk and zombies. I did not think I would like this book us much as I did, as I am not a big fan of zombies, however, it is a brilliant book which is action packed and romantic at the same time.

My favourite characters are Nora and Bram because they are really well developed and Nora is a character I think most people can relate to, as we all feel under pressure to act a certain way in society, and Bram is a perfect gentleman who is sweet, brave and very loyal. The romance was nicely written and progressed well over the entire novel.

This story is told from 5 points of view and would have been very confusing if it did not tell you who point of view it was at the beginning of each chapter, however I think it could have not had two of the points of view it did as I did not add much to the story.

This is a really good book which I would recommend to those who like steampunk and/or unusual but charming YA romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment